At some point my 6 month financial goals grew out to a year goal and it coincided with the financial year which I have just run with. Last year my financial goal was to aim for $100K left on our mortgage. My loose maths figured we’d reach about $102K, a figure my husband scoffed at … But which I am proud to announce we beat by $12K. Yes, we managed an extra $1,000 per month on average getting us to a comfortably below goal $90K left on our mortgage. So where to aim for the next 12 months?
Well I would love to finish paying the mortgage off…. $90,000 in a year… But its an incredibly lofty goal that will require us finding an additional $16,000 this year.
We have a few things on our side,
- I now have a small job delivering catalogues in our neighborhood. That should potentially bring in $4,000.
- Our daily mortgage interest has halved, and will keep going down. In July 2016 we were paying $20/day in interest, we are now paying $10/day and it’s only going to keep going down!
- I’m now savvier with our shopping and purchasing discounted gift cards
- We’ve continued decluttering for profit
- We’ve discovered selling scrap metal is good for the environment and our hip pocket.
- I’m determined :p
I’m aiming to update on our progress each month and reevaluate what has worked and hasn’t worked for us 🙂
If you have any tips I’d love to hear them!