Each week I like to look back at the week that was and reflect on whether or not I am still undertaking steps to get me to my financial goals. I am not superhuman and as such I have my fumbles as well as my fortunes and I think it’s important to learn from my mistakes as well as my successes.
- Once again I’ve been filling some spare time by listening to free audiobooks courtesy of my Library.
- We started creating a picture book using brochures from out local shopping centre. This was prompted when I realised Little Mister could point out a cartoon frog picture but not recognise a real frog picture.
- Once again came in under $50 budget for groceries. I could have gotten by without any expenditure this week however on one of my Coles perusal visits I came across 3kg of beef mince for $4.80/kg (usually $7/kg) I’ve since frozen the meat for future meals.
- The bike seat I mentioned last week ended up costing a little bit as I discovered I didn’t have the necessary extension pieces to mount the seat onto my bike. Still a win overall but not quite the free seat I thought it was last week. The fortune of this ‘fumble’ is that Mr FIM (Mr FID?) convinced me to wait till he was home so we could get an extra discount he was entitled to.
- I made some homemade icecream with a bargain milk and cream I purchased, sounds like a Fortune, only I then worked the maths and discovered it was actually cheaper to buy store bought icecream! Maybe not quite as tasty as homemade, but cheaper yes. I’m surprised at how cheap the store bought icecream is!