Each week I like to look back at the week that was and reflect on whether or not I am still undertaking steps to get me to my financial goals. I am not superhuman and as such I have my fumbles as well as my fortunes and I think it’s important to learn from my mistakes as well as my successes.
- I’m still tracking well below my $200 a month ($50/week) grocery budget. This week I again managed to snag some good prices on milk which again got frozen for use as required (the previously bought milk was used throughout the week.
- I tracked my electricity usage on the meter this past week and was happy with a 3-4kw/day average.
- Used a few frozen bananas (that were too mushy to eat otherwise) from the freezer to make a delicious cake.
- A small amount of food wastage with a tomato going to waste. I planted that tomato in my garden with hopes it will slightly redeem itself.
- A small treat that was still within budget, but an unnecessary expense in buying icecream. Sometimes it’s important to allow treats to prevent burning out on frugality.
- I fell behind my ideal target for survey income. I’ve still got a chance to redeem myself if I continue steadily 🙂